Latest update: February 2019
Ajinomoto OmniChem values with great importance your privacy and the protection of your personal data. In this Privacy Notice we want to provide you with clear information about how we handle your personal data and what rights you have with regard to the personal data we process.The present Privacy Notice applies solely to the personal data provided by the person filling out the user registration form on the natural-specialities.com website. This Privacy Notice describes how Ajinomoto OmniChem nv, Cooppallaan 91, B-9230 Wetteren, processes the personal data that is gathered through the user registration form on the aforementioned website.
1. Why do we collect your personal data?
We process your personal data to handle the user registration request submitted through the website. To enable us to approve your credentials to login to additional parts of our website, we rely on your consent to collect your personal data. You can withdraw this consent at any chosen time. When you fill out the contact form, we will use your information solely to create an account for our website.
2. What personal data does Ajinomoto OmniChem collect?
In the aim of providing you with an account to access additional information on our website, Ajinomoto OmniChem collects the following data:
- personal identification data: name;
- contact details: email address;
- electronic identification data: username and password of your choice.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Personal data collected from our online user registration form will solely be used for the purpose mentioned above. After you click ‘Register’, an automatic email is sent to the email address you provided. When you click on the link in that email, your request is sent to the NS Sales Department. Within the department, your request will be handled by the employee responsible to do so. This person will decide on granting you access to our website and subsequently send you confirmation of your login credentials through the email address you provided. All logins by users on our website are logged with a timestamp. We will be able to see which user logs in and when, but we don’t log your use of the individual pages nor items on our website. The data you provide will not be included in any marketing mailing list without your permission.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data solely through the filling out of the user registration form on our website.
5. Who has access to your personal data?
Only the employees involved in the handling of your request, have access to your personal data. In this case this means only the person that monitors all incoming user registration requests. To ensure continuity in the follow-up of the requests submitted, this employee might have a back-up person that can monitor this process in case of their absence.
We use Bluetime and Combell, third-party service providers, to build and to host our websites. When necessary for technical support or maintenance, employees of Bluetime and/or Combell might have limited access to your data.
We do not provide nor sell your personal data to other third parties, unless we are obliged to do so by law. We neither send your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for a limited time and delete your data when they are no longer needed. This means that we keep your personal data in our mailbox until your request has been processed. When no follow-up is requested and your questions have been answered, your emails are removed from the corresponding mailbox.
7. How do we protect your personal data?
We take all necessary measures to protect your personal data and their confidentiality, both at the physical, technical and organisational level. To ensure that your data is protected against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, we use various security techniques and procedures. Among other things, we have taken the following measures:
- only the persons who need your personal data for the performance of their duties will have access to these data;
- the persons who can access your personal data are bound by confidentiality;
- we use a username and password policy on all our systems;
- we make sure the data you provide on the website are captured and transmitted to us in an encrypted way;
- we back-up all our systems in order to be able to recover all data in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- we secure our network with multiple layers of defence against possible threats;
- we monitor and log activities on our systems so that abnormal situations or activities can be detected;
- we secure the physical spaces where personal data are stored on servers;
- we regularly test and evaluate our security measures;
- our employees have been informed and trained on the importance of the protection of personal data.
We keep expanding our security procedures as new technologies become available.
8. What are your rights concerning the personal data we process?
- Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time since we process your personal data on the basis of consent. However, this withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any previous processing.
- Right to access and receive a copy of your personal data
You have the right to request confirmation that we process your personal data. If this is the case, you are entitled to a copy of your personal data and certain information about how your data are processed.
- Right to transfer your personal data
You may ask us to transfer your electronic personal data to you or a third party. This right applies only to the personal data you have provided, based on your consent and provided that the processing of the personal data is automated.
- Right to rectify your personal data
We try our best to store the data that we keep of you as accurately and completely as possible. Should you nevertheless find that the personal data are incomplete or incorrect, you can ask us to supplement or correct them.
- Right to delete your personal data
If it is not necessary for us to store or process your personal data for a specific reason, you can ask us to partially or completely erase your personal data. This is the case if:
- the data are no longer required for the purposes for which we collected them;
- you have given us permission to process your data and you decide to withdraw that consent;
- you have objected to the processing of your data and we have no legitimate interest prevailing;
- your personal data have been processed unlawfully.
This is not an absolute right. Sometimes we will have the right to keep your data. This is the case when we have a legal obligation or when we have to defend our rights.
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
In the following cases you can ask us to limit the processing of your personal data:
- when you dispute the accuracy of personal data and we need the time to verify your request;
- when we no longer need your data, but you do need it to defend your rights;
- if you objected to the processing of your personal data and we must check whether the legitimate interests we pursue prevail over yours;
- if your personal data have been processed unlawfully, but instead of deleting your data, you ask us to restrict the processing of the data.
- Right to file a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, you can always contact us.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority or to initiate legal proceedings.
Contact details of the Data Protection Authority:
Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
+32 (0) 2 274 48 00
- How to contact us?
You can exercise these rights free of charge and at any time by sending an email to:
or via the following contact details:
Ajinomoto OmniChem nv
Cooppallaan 91, Ind. zone 7
If you contact us to exercise your rights, we may ask to identify yourself before any action is taken on your request.
We will respond to your request within one month. However, if we need more time to process your request, we will also notify you within one month.
10. Amendments to this Privacy Notice
The Privacy legislation is in motion. The terms of this Privacy Notice may therefore change from time to time. If changes are being made, the date on top of this document as well as the version number shall be updated.