The medicinal use of tannins dates back thousands of years. Indeed as more and more traditional folk remedies are put under scientific evaluation it is found that many of these plants (extracts) contain high levels of polyphenols or tannins.
Uses of gallotannins in pharma applications include:
- Anti-diarrhea compositions
- Active pharmaceutical ingredient tannates
- Extended release formulations
- Treatment of burns
- Inflammatory skin conditions
Besides these traditional uses, promising new applications are emerging:
- Treatment of bacterial infections
- Cancer prevention
- Chemotherapy adjuvant
- Prion neutralisation
Please contact our Application Department for any question about the usage of our gallotannins for pharmaceutical purposes.